Visiting an SCDMV branch to renew your license? Consider bringing all required REAL ID documents with you to change your license.Learn More About REAL ID
Tips to Remember
When you apply for a dealer license, remember these general tips:
- The name and address on your surety bond must match the name and address on your application.
- The names, addresses, and driver's license numbers of all your employees must be on the back of your application. If additional space is needed, attach a separate sheet of paper.
- If you have moved, an SCDMV agent must inspect your new location before a new license can be issued.
- If the 911 System or Post Office has assigned you a new address, you must submit a new application, letter from the Post Office, and an address change rider from your bond company.
- Sales tax number is needed if applying for retail license.
- Tax exempt number is needed if applying for wholesale only license.
- You must file articles of authorization with the South Carolina Secretary of State, like "Inc." or "LLC".
If you have questions, contact the SCDMV.