Renewing a Dealer License
To renew your dealer or wholesaler license, you must take all of the following renewal documents to an SCDMV branch:
- Completed Application for a Dealer or Wholesaler License (SCDMV Form DLA-1)
- Completed Affidavit of Eligibility (SCDMV Form AD-808A)
You must submit one for each owner who controls at least 10% of the business and is not a US citizen.
- Current SLED Criminal History report that's no more than 90 days old
You must submit one for each owner who controls at least 10% of the business.
Dealer License and Audit Unit
PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0023
If you are applying for dealer license plates you must provide both of the following documents:
- Certification of Vehicles Sold (SCDMV Form DLA-1C)
- Current proof of garage liability insurance
Inspections for Renewals
Some dealer applicants require facility inspection upon renewal. The following criteria determines whether or not an inspection will be required:
- The dealer or wholesaler license has been expired for more than 90 days.
- The business type changed from a dealer to a wholesaler or from a wholesaler to a dealer.
- The name and/or address of the dealer or wholesaler changed.
- The ownership or location of the dealer or wholesaler changed.