ELT Provider Requirements
You may hear Electronic Lien and Title referred to as ELT.
Becoming an ELT Service Provider
South Carolina Electronic Lien and Title (ELT) allows authorized lenders to electronically record and service liens on vehicles, trailers, or mobile homes. This service eliminates mailing, storing, and manually handling paper titles.
The following electronic functions are offered:
- Lien Notification
- Lien Release
- Lien Release Due to Error
- Print Title
- Address Change Notification by Lienholder
- Application Process for ELT Participation
Service Provider Application
If you are a business interested in providing Electronic Lien and Title (ELT) services as an approved ELT service provider, you must complete the following requirements:
- Letter of request
- ELT-2 Service Provider Application for Electronic Lien and Title Program
- ELT Program Service Provider Contract
- ELT Non-Disclosure Agreement
Mail all completed documents to the address below:
ELT Program Coordinator
PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0038
You must achieve system certification before providing ELT services to lender(s).
If you wish to internally develop the system to communicate directly with the SCDMV, the system must meet technical requirements and achieve system certification.
By completing the application, you, as the service provider must demonstrate an understanding, commitment, and agreement to all of the following:
- Entering into an agreement with an SCDMV approved service provider or achieve system certification for its own ELT computer system
- Training as required by the SCDMV and/or the agency’s service provider
- Bearing all costs for participation in the program such as costs incurred for computer hardware, labor, electronic interface system changes, and transaction processing
- Complying with all rules, policies, procedures, and standards applicable to the ELT program
Learn more about the ELT Program Standards.