All SCDMV offices will be closed on Monday, January 15, 2018.Locations
IFTA Cancellations and Suspensions
Your International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) license may be canceled if a licensee satisfies all requirements and tax liabilities to all member jurisdictions.
You may do either of the following to cancel your license:
- Check the cancellation box on your final IFTA quarterly tax return
- Submit a letter requesting cancellation of your IFTA license
When your license is canceled, you must destroy it and any used decals. If you have an unused decals, you must return them to Motor Carrier Services.
Any jurisdiction may conduct a final audit when you cancel your IFTA license. You must keep records for four years from the due date of the final quarterly tax report or the date the return was filed, whichever is later.
License Suspension and Revocation
Your International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) license may be suspended or revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to file an IFTA quarterly tax return
- Failure to remit all taxes due
- Failure to pay or protest an audit assessment within the established time period
All member jurisdictions will be notified when your license has been suspended or revoked. You may not drive vehicle with a suspended or revoked license.
To reinstate a suspended or revoked license, you must file all late tax returns and pay any taxes.