All SCDMV offices will be closed on Monday, January 15, 2018.Locations
You may hear the International Registration Plan referred to as IRP.
International Registration Plan Renewal Procedures
The SCDMV will not update your Motor Carrier Identification Report Application for USDOT Number (FMCSA Form MCS-150) as part of processing your International Registration Plan (IRP) renewal. If this form is not updated within the required Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) timeframe, your IRP registration will be denied. If you need assistance completing this form, contact the FMCSA at 1-800-832-5660.
You must renew IRP registrations every year for the new license year. Motor Carrier Services (MCS) sends an email to you 30-45 days before the expiration date. The renewal application must be completed, signed, and returned for the new IRP license to be issued.
You can also renew your IRP account online if you have been approved as a web user to access the MCS online registration system.
- Write your MCS customer number at the top of all pages of the application in the “Customer Number” box.
- Write your USDOT number in the appropriate section.
- Proof of ownership (the original title only or complete title application) for all vehicles being added to your IRP account.
- Sign all applications where required.
- Actual Distance must be indicated on FRP Schedule B for every jurisdiction you drove in during the distance reporting period.
- Turn in a copy of your Lease Agreement.
If you're renewing an IRP account for another person or carrier, you must have all of the above and a Power Of Attorney (SCDMV Form MC-25).