Visiting an SCDMV branch to renew your license? Consider bringing all required REAL ID documents with you to change your license.Learn More About REAL ID
With more than 65 office locations statewide and more than 1,200 fulltime positions, the SCDMV offers options for many types of career fields. The most frequent vacancies occur in the following positions:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives' duties typically include examining, accepting, preparing, typing, and printing all documents required in issuing driver's licenses, beginner's permits and identification cards for all classes of license and original, duplicate, transfers, temporary, and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, handicap placards, golf cart permits, and/or titles.
- Customer Service Specialists
- Customer Service Specialists are typically responsible for customer service delivery to internal and external customers. They answer complex and detailed inquiries on a daily basis concerning SCDMV laws and policies and procedures as related to driver and or vehicle services through various modes of communication such as telephone, email, or written correspondence.
- License Examiners
- Examiners evaluate the skills and abilities of applicants to drive a motor vehicle for all classes of driver's licenses by facilitating road tests. They also perform administrative duties pertaining to all aspects and phases of vehicle registration and driver's license documentation.
All vacant positions are listed online. Once on the jobs website, select "Department of Motor Vehicles" from the listing of agencies and then "Apply Search."