Dealer Transactions at Charleston - Leeds Avenue Change
August 03, 2018
The SCDMV will implement the following procedure for completing multiple transactions for dealer and business customers visiting the Charleston - Leeds Avenue branch. This procedure will become effective on Monday, August 27, 2018.
Please note that the below procedure has been in effect across all other Dealer Central offices statewide for several years. It is now being implemented at the Charleston - Leeds Avenue office for statewide uniformity while still providing superior service to customers.
- Each dealer or business customer may process up to three transactions per day at the front counter Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- The SCDMV allows each dealer or business customer to have one transaction processed per day at the front counter on Monday, Friday, and Saturday.
- At the manager’s discretion, if there are no other customers waiting for service, the office may process up to three dealer or business transactions on any day at the front counter.
- Dealers may drop off work in packets of 15 at any SCDMV office on any day. There is no limit to the number of packets dealers may drop off.
- Each dealer or business customers must get a ticket from the greeter before any work is processed.
- Each dealership representative (even if only one runner is coming in for multiple dealers) must get another ticket from the greeter station for each dealership that needs to be processed.
- All dealer transactions dropped off at the Charleston - Leeds Avenue office will be processed and prepared for dealer pick-up within three business days.