Can I get an accident report?

If you've been in a crash or accident, you can request a copy of the Officer's Report by completing the Request for Officer's Report (SCDMV Form FR-50). This report is more detailed than the one you received at the scene of the crash.

When completing the form, you should include as much of the following as possible:

  • Date of request
  • Your name and mailing address
  • Date of the accident
  • County of the accident
  • Name(s) of driver(s) involved and driver's license number (if applicable)
  • Your signature

Your Request for Officer's Report (SCDMV Form FR-50) does not need to be submitted to the Communications Office. You can simply complete the form and mail it in.

Once you complete the form, mail two copies of it and a check or money order for $6, made out to the SCDMV, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

You can also buy a copy of an officer's report at any SCDMV branch.

Find an SCDMV branch