Can I get a collision report?

If you've been in a collision, you can request a copy of the collision report by completing the Request for Collision Report (SCDMV Form FR-50)  . This report is more detailed than the one you received at the scene of the crash.

When completing the form, you should include as much of the following as possible:

  • Date of request
  • Your name and mailing address
  • Date of the collision
  • County of the collision
  • Name(s) of driver(s) involved and driver's license number (if applicable)
  • Your signature

Your Request for Collision Report (SCDMV Form FR-50) does not need to be submitted to the Communications Office. You can simply complete the form and mail it to the address on the form.

Once you complete the form, mail two copies of it and a check or money order for $6, made out to the SCDMV, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

You can also buy a copy of a collision report at any SCDMV branch.

Find an SCDMV branch