Lost or Stolen Registration

If you lost your vehicle registration, you may buy a duplicate registration online or at an SCDMV branch.

Get a new registration card
Find an SCDMV branch
Lost or Stolen Decal
You may hear a decal referred to as a sticker.

If you lost the decal for your license plate, you may buy a duplicate decal at an SCDMV branch or by completing and mailing the Application to Replace License Plate or Expiration Year Decal (SCDMV Form 452). You must mail the completed form and a $6 payment, made out to the SCDMV, to the address below:

PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0019

If you're not the registered owner of the vehicle, you must complete Section IV of the form above. This section authorizes a different person to receive the replacement on behalf of the vehicle's owner.

Update Your Address

If you choose to buy a new registration card online, the SCDMV will mail it to the address on file. If you have moved, please update your address online first, then apply for a new registration card.

Update my address