Lost or Stolen Title

If you lost your title, you may get a replacement. You may apply for a duplicate title online, by mail, or by visiting an SCDMV branch.

Get a Replacement Title
Before purchasing your replacement title above, make sure you update your address here:

Update my Address
To get a duplicate title, through the mail or in person, you must provide all of the following:

You should make check or money orders out to the SCDMV. Do not mail cash.

Same-day expedited duplicate titles are available in person only after making an appointment at an SCDMV branch. There is an additional $20 expedite fee for this option.

Find an SCDMV branch
If there is a lien on your vehicle, a duplicate title will be sent to the lien holder.