Driving a Camper, Trailer, or RV 

If you're interested in driving a camper, trailer, or recreational vehicle, also known as an RV, you may need a Class E or F driver's license if the vehicle's gross vehicle weight is 26,001 pounds or more.

Schedule a road test
Find an SCDMV branch
Registering a Camper, Trailer, or RV

The registration fee for a camper that's towed on a vehicle is $10.

The registration fee for a recreational vehicle, or RV, that you can drive without a vehicle is $24. On and after January 1, 2018, the registration fee for an RV that you can drive without a vehicle is $40.