Tips for Business Customers 

If you're a business customer interested in titling or registering a vehicle, you must provide a completed Title Application (SCDMV Form 400).

When you're completing this form, remember these tips below:

  • If you're titling/registering the vehicle for the first time, you should include your business's Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or the social security number of the person applying for the title or registration.
  • The business location or address where the vehicle will remain must be on the form.
    If the business is not in South Carolina, you must provide the home address for the driver as the address where the vehicle will remain.
  • Your registered business name as it is printed on the South Carolina Secretary of State's website. Please print this documentation and bring it with you to your visit.
  • If your business is leasing the vehicle from a leasing company that's located outside of South Carolina, you must provide your FEIN and the physical address of your business on the form.
  • You may not use the Federal Form SS-4 in place of the FEIN.

Titling and registering vehicles owned by a business works the same as dealerships. The process has changed!

If the vehicle is owned by federal, state, county, or local government, it does not have to follow the requirements above.

If you're interested in registering a motor carrier, you must follow the International Registration Plan guidelines.