Titling Class for Auto Dealers
The SCDMV provides training sessions on titling and registering vehicles in South Carolina. This is designed for automobile dealership employees who complete title and registration documents for customers. The class helps with the items listed below:
- Accurately completing the Title Application (SCDMV Form 400)
- Verifying an application package is complete without errors ,including all required documents along with a title application
- Indicating the correct odometer mileage and odometer brands on the application and supporting paperwork
- Computing gross vehicle weight rates for property carrying vehicles
- Handling title reassignment errors
There is a class limit for all classes scheduled outside of Blythewood. You should register as early as possible. The SCDMV will add additional classes if needed. This is not the class potential dealers must pass to become a dealer. For more information about the class to become a licensed dealer, contact Dealer Licensing at 803-896-2611.
Dealer Titling Class Schedule
The SCDMV provides training sessions to automobile dealers on titling and registering vehicles in South Carolina.
All class dates for the 2023 year are at capacity and class dates for the 2024 year will be provided soon!
If you have already signed up to attend an in-person class and will no longer attend, please send Training an email.
The Basic Title and Registration Requirements for Dealerships can be viewed in lieu of attending a class in person.